Drawing upon the Pittsburgh region's strong iron and steel heritage, AISTech 2008 exceeded all expectations, including record-setting attendance numbers. The President's Award Breakfast, the Town Hall Forum and Brimacombe Memorial Lecture — all signature AISTech events — featured luminaries from all divisions of the steel industry, prompting thought-provoking discussions and providing insight into future practices.
AISTech 2008, steel’s premier technology event for 2008, took place from May 5–8 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Key steel producers, suppliers, corporate executives and leaders, AIST members and academia came together to exchange technical information, connect with others in their field and see new process or product technologies.
- Total Attendance: 8,327
- Number of Student Attendees: 79
- Number of Technical Sessions: 77
- Number of Papers Presented: 370
- Number of Brimacombe Memorial Lecture Attendees: 600
- Number of Town Hall Forum Attendees: 1,500
- Number of Award Winners: 60
- Number of President’s Award Breakfast Attendees: 1,260 – SOLD OUT!
- Number of Exhibiting Companies: 470
- Number of Countries Represented: 40
Click here to view a collection of photos from AISTech 2008 in Pittsburgh, Pa.
AISTech 2008 Articles published in Iron & Steel Technology Magazine
Iron & Steel Technology – July 2008
President’s Award Breakfast Keynote Address
AIST Association Level Awards
Technology Division Awards
AISTech 2008 Foundation Golf Classic
Dollars for Scholars 2008
Iron & Steel Technology – August 2008
AISTech 2008 Conference and Exposition Review
Iron & Steel Technology – October 2008
2008 Steelmaker of the Year – John Goodish, U. S. Steel Corporation
If you couldn't attend AISTech 2008, don't miss '09!
Join us for AISTech 2009 at America’s Center in St. Louis, Missouri on May 4–7.