AISTECH 2013 EXHIBITOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
Reserve Your Exhibit Booth Today
All of the following items are understood and accepted as part of the contract between the Association for Iron & Steel Technology (AIST) and the Exhibitor for the licensing of booth space at AISTech 2013 (the “Exposition”), which is to be held at the Georgia World Congress Center (the “Exhibit Hall”).
- MINIMUM BOOTH: Standard 10 feet x 10 feet (3m x 3m), booth construction includes 8 feet (2m) backdrop, 36 inch (914 mm) side rails, and a one-line company identification sign. No walls, partitions, decorations or other obstructions may be erected which in any way interfere with the view of any other exhibitor. All standard booths should not exceed 4 feet (1m) in depth x 8 feet (2m) high from the back to the front. If the location of your booth is on the end of two rows of exhibit booths, your booth must not exceed 10 feet (3m) ' in width (which would encompass 5 feet (1.5m) in each direction from the center of the exhibit booth). Exhibitors desiring to use other than standard booth equipment, or any signs, decorations, or arrangements of display materials, must submit two copies of a detailed sketch or proposed layout, and receive written approval from AIST. Multiple booths, islands, and peninsulas may be reserved and they may be adjacent.
a.) The STANDARD BOOTH shall have NO “built-up” exhibit or other construction to exceed 8 feet (2m) in overall height, which includes any signage.
b.) ISLAND and PENINSULA BOOTHS may exceed 8 feet (2m) up to a limit of 14 feet (4m) in height if they occupy in excess of 400 square feet (37m2). PERIMETER BOOTHS also may exceed 8 feet (2m) in height up to a limit of 14 feet (4m). The limits as outlined above do not apply to machinery or equipment as regularly built and used in the steel industry. NO company name or advertising shall be displayed above the permissible height of the background for ANY exhibit. This includes but is not limited to signs, emblems, trademarks, medallions and cut-out lettering.
c.) Any special or unusual type of exhibit construction must be submitted to the Exposition management in advance to determine whether it complies with these regulations. No area has been set aside nor any provision made to accommodate “cubic content” construction.
d.) AIST will assign booth locations at its discretion, considering factors including time of application, receipt of payment, as well as Exhibitor’s preference. AIST reserves the right to all final decisions concerning all aspects of the booth and its location, and also the right to rearrange assigned spaces for the overall benefit of the show. The management reserves the right to require the rearrangement of any exhibit to make it conform to the regulations, and the Exhibitor shall be liable for any costs incurred thereby. The general appearance of the Exposition as a whole must take precedence over that of any individual exhibit.
- UTILITIES: Standard utilities are accessible from most booth locations, including but not limited to air, water and electrical. Exhibitor recognizes AIST is not responsible to provide utilities other than those readily available in the facility. AIST will use reasonable efforts to accommodate special requests.
a.) The respective service contractor will supply labor, if requested, for the installation and dismantling of special displays. All labor charges will be invoiced to the Exhibitor at the termination of the conference. A copy of the labor order form is enclosed in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual.
b.) AIST will designate certain firms as “official contractors” for such services as cartage and handling of exhibit shipments, rental of furniture and other types of usual booth equipment, decorations, signs and florists’ items. Exhibitors desiring to contract for said services with any other contractor shall advise AIST in advance and secure permission for said contractor to operate at the Exhibit Hall. Payment for all such services is the responsibility of the individual exhibitors. Order forms will be included in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual. Please review your requirements carefully when ordering.
- EXHIBIT HALL MANAGEMENT: Work and services controlled by the Exhibit Hall management include electrical service, guard or watchman service, stage, and public address service.
- CLEANING SERVICE: Janitorial services for aisles throughout the exhibit area are included in the exhibit booth price. The forms for the booth cleaning service will be available in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual.
- SIGNS: A one-line company identification sign will be included in the price of the booth.
- REGISTRATION OF EXHIBIT PERSONNEL: Registration instructions for booth personnel will be e-mailed to the person listed under contact information on the contract. Admission will be by badge only.
- EXHIBIT OPENING: The hours of installation, show hours, and dismantling will be included in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual.
- SOCIAL FUNCTIONS/SPECIAL EVENTS: Hours for any social function or special event must be approved by AIST. Social functions are allowed only during NON-EXHIBIT hours and must not conflict with technical sessions or other AIST functions. Exhibitors wishing to hold hospitality functions are required to coordinate the scheduling of these events with AIST.
- ALCOHOL: The serving or distribution of alcoholic beverages by Exhibitors in any part of the Exhibit Hall is strictly forbidden, unless prior written permission has been received from AIST.
- OPERATING EXHIBITS: Operating exhibits are encouraged, but all unusually dirty, hot or noisy exhibits must be properly enclosed so as to respect the rights and safety of others. It is the responsibility of the Exhibitor to conform to OSHA and other applicable government regulations. Operating displays, if overly noisy, must be run intermittently or during demonstration only, or not at all, at the sole discretion of AIST.
- AUDIOVISUAL: Equipment may be obtained. Complete information will be included in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual.
- LOAD FACTOR: Exhibit Hall floor load rate will be communicated in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual.
- FREIGHT AND TRUCK SHIPMENTS TO THE WAREHOUSE: The date for early freight arrival will be communicated in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual.
- RECEIVING, UNLOADING, MOVING AND HANDLING OF EXHIBIT MATERIALS: AIST has contracted with the respective service contractor set forth in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual to handle all unloading from trucks and moving exhibits, displays, or merchandise to the exhibit floor and to return crates from storage when the Exhibit Hall closes. All empty packing crates must be properly marked with the Exhibitor’s name and booth number. Unmarked crates will not be returned. See the respective freight forms enclosed in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual.
- SOLICITATION OR PRODUCT DEMONSTRATIONS: The Exhibitor must be confined within the bounds of its respective booth. Printed advertising may be distributed by the Exhibitor only from its booth space. Aisles in front of the booths must be kept completely clear. Operation of devices having objectionable sound will not be allowed. Engines or any kind of equipment may be operated only with the consent of the respective conference center facility and AIST. All property destroyed or damaged by the Exhibitor must be replaced in its original condition by Exhibitor at its own expense. Exhibitor may not feature names of non-exhibiting manufacturers in its display; this, however, does not apply to names of parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies. Should an article of a non-exhibiting manufacturer be required for the proper operation or demonstration of an Exhibitor’s display, identification of such article shall be limited to regular nameplate, imprint or other identification which in standard practice appears normally on the article as sold in the industry. Exhibitor may give out envelopes, catalogs, circulars and folders, or other advertising material in its booth only. The distribution of such items from booth to booth, or in the aisles, meeting rooms, registration area or elsewhere, is strictly prohibited. Painting of the floor in exhibit spaces will not be permitted, and no floor covering may be attached or adhered in any manner whatsoever without the consent of the manager of the Exhibit Hall. Any damages will be charged directly to the Exhibitor, and Exhibitor agrees to pay the same. The Exhibitor agrees as a condition of this contract that the space hereby contracted for, or any portion thereof, is limited to the use and occupancy of the Exhibitor, or to any person, firm or corporation wholly owned or controlled by it.
- RESTRICTIONS ON SELLING: With the exception of AIST’s Service Center, all over-the-counter sales or sales of any kind that involve the exchange of currency for goods received during the Exposition are strictly prohibited. Purely promotional giveaways and drawings are permitted so long as they do not cause undue disruption, as determined by AIST.
- DISMANTLING OF DISPLAYS: The Exhibit Hall’s closure date and time will be communicated in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual. Packing crates/boxes will not be returned to the exhibit booth(s) until all visitors have left the Exhibit Hall floor and all aisle carpet has been lifted. All dismantling must be finished and all exhibit materials must be out of the exhibit area no later than the specified date and time, which will be communicated in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual. It is the responsibility of the Exhibitor to arrange for the return shipment of properly labeled exhibit material before departure. Otherwise, it will be necessary to store such material at the expense of the Exhibitor. The Exhibitor is responsible for notifying the respective service contractor in advance. Exhibits may not, to ANY extent, be dismantled before the specified date and time listed in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual. Any early dismantling or packing shall be considered a breach of this agreement and may affect future contracts. PLEASE MAKE YOUR DEPARTURE PLANS ACCORDINGLY. PLEASE INFORM YOUR BOOTH STAFF OF THIS STIPULATION.
- SUBLETTING SPACE: The Exhibitor may not assign, sublet or apportion the whole or any part of the space allotted to him, nor exhibit therein or permit any other person or firm to exhibit therein, any goods other than those manufactured and/or distributed by the Exhibitor in the regular course of his business, without written consent of AIST.
- SECURITY SERVICE: AIST cannot guarantee against loss or damage of any kind; however, after-hours security will be provided. The Exhibitor agrees to make provision for the safekeeping of its exhibit material, merchandise, etc., before, during and after the Exposition. The Exhibitor understands and agrees that neither AIST nor the Exhibit Hall shall be responsible for the safekeeping of any exhibit material, merchandise, etc., or for any loss or damage to exhibit material or merchandise before, during or after the Exposition.
- FIRE PROTECTION: All draping and/or display materials must be flame retardant. Under no conditions will combustible oils or gases be permitted in the exhibit area. All electrical work and equipment must be ordered in advance to ensure conformance with regulations of the respective local fire department and Exhibit Hall.
- LIABILITY AND INSURANCE: The Exhibitor shall save and keep harmless and indemnify AIST, its members, officers, directors, employees and agents of and from all suits, claims, damages, loss or liability (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of any act, omission or negligent conduct of the Exhibitor, its agents, employees or contractors; and said Exhibitor agrees, at its own cost and expense, to defend and protect AIST and Exhibit Hall, their members, officers, directors, employees and agents against any and all such suits, claims, demands and expenses, including attorneys’ fees. The Exhibitor shall maintain and have in full force and effect the following insurance policies:
a.) Policies of comprehensive general liability insurance including protective liability, contractual liability and product liability coverage with a single limit of liability of US$1,000,000.
b.) Policies of public liability and property damage insurance covering all motor vehicles owned by the Exhibitor and all motor vehicles not owned by the Exhibitor while such vehicles are being used in connection with the activities of the Exposition with a single limit liability of $1,000,000. AIST shall be named as an additional insured as its respective interests may appear in respect to all the aforementioned insurance policies. Prior to the date of the preparation of its display, the Exhibitor shall furnish to AIST evidence satisfactory to AIST confirming the Exhibitor’s compliance in full with provisions of Section (a) and Section (b) hereof, and requiring thirty (30) days’ notice to AIST prior to any expiration of or change in coverage.
- NUISANCE: The Exhibitor agrees that AIST reserves the right to restrict or prohibit exhibits which, because of noise or for any other reason, might, in the judgment of AIST, be objectionable.
- CHARGES: The Exhibitor agrees to pay all charges incurred in connection with drayage, freight and express shipments, labor and services, floral displays, signs, photography, or any special services ordered. The Exhibitor shall be liable for all bills charged against its space and the booth erected thereon.
- GOVERNING LAW: This contract takes effect upon its acceptance and execution by AIST in Warrendale, Pa., and shall be interpreted and construed under the laws of Pennsylvania, which laws shall prevail in the event of any conflict of law. Any action for enforcement of the provisions of this contract or other cause of action based upon the Exhibitor’s anticipated participation, presence at the Exposition, or any omission, neglect or wrong on the part of AIST, its officers, directors, employees and agents, shall be instituted only in the Court of Common Pleas of Butler County, Pa. The Exhibitor, whether foreign or domestic, hereby submits to the jurisdiction of said Court. Exhibitor further hereby consents, to the extent allowable by law, to accept service of Process by mail addressed to the Exhibitor.
- INTERPRETATION: The interpretation of these regulations and their application is the final responsibility of AIST, which reserves the right to make reasonable amendments to these regulations in the best interest of the Exhibitors.
- COMPLIANCE: Exhibitor agrees to comply at all times with the terms of this contract and shall be subject to all rules, regulations and requirements of the Exhibit Hall management.
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
a.) In the event of a cancellation, the Exhibitor agrees to notify AIST in writing on or before 6 January 2012. The Exhibitor agrees AIST will retain 50% of the total space rental fee upon cancellation.
b.) NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED FOR ANY CANCELLATION RECEIVED AFTER 6 January 2012, AND THE EXHIBITOR WILL REMAIN LIABLE FOR THE TOTAL SPACE RENTAL FEE.
If, in the sole opinion of AIST, which shall be conclusive, the presentation of the Exposition is prevented either prior to or during the period of the Exhibitor’s occupancy, or use or access to the facilities and equipment of the Exposition is impeded by fire, strikes, other than strikes of the Exhibitor, acts of God, national emergency or for any other cause beyond the control of AIST, AIST may cancel this contract and Exhibitor waives any claim against AIST for damages by reason of such cancellation except that AIST shall return to the Exhibitor the amount already paid for the space rental fee in the Exhibit Hall for this specific event or such portion thereof as shall represent the proportionate part of said Exposition not held, less a pro-rata share of the pre-Exposition expenses. In no event shall AIST be liable for any lost profits or incidental, consequential or punitive damages, even if advised of the possibility of same.
REDUCTION IN BOOTH SIZE:
a) If an Exhibitor desires to reduce the size of the total space rented before 6 January 2012, it must be approved Show Management. If AIST determines the released space can be reasonably reallocated, no penalty will be imposed.
b) If an Exhibitor desires to reduce the size of the total space rented after 6 January 2012, the Exhibitor is responsible for the total original space rental fee.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: It is agreed that the Exhibitor will abide by the rules and regulations as stated above before, during, and after the respective exhibit, and by any other reasonable rules considered necessary by AIST or by the respective facility, provided these do not materially alter the Exhibitor’s contractual rights.
If any further information is required concerning the allotment of space in the Exhibit Hall, please contact:
Mr. William Albaugh
Sales General Manager
186 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale, PA 15086 USA