Objectives – The objectives of the AIST Northwest Member Chapter Scholarship are to reward and encourage a Pacific Northwest area student for their achievements and encourage them to consider the steel industry when selecting a career path.
Awards – Two scholarships, valued at $2,000 each
Eligibility – A student is eligible to apply for the scholarship if they are the child, grandchild (natural, adopted or ward), spouse, niece/nephew of an AIST Northwest Chapter Member in good standing. Members of the Material Advantage program are also eligible. The student must be enrolled full-time at a college or university for the fall semester of the year of the application to be eligible.
Selection – The scholarship applications are reviewed by the Scholarship Award Committee. This committee consists of the Scholarship Chair, Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary of the AIST Northwest Chapter. At the discretion of the committee, a representative of a university or college (not affiliated with AIST) may be consulted. The actual selection of the scholarship winner will be made solely by the committee. The decision of the Committee is final. This award will be made without regard for financial need.
- The scholarship must be used at an accredited college or university.
- The student must attend the university or college in the fall of the same year that the scholarship is awarded.
- The AIST Foundation will forward the scholarship stipend, as a lump sum, to the college or university for deposit in the student’s account.
- In cases where the student’s studies or admission are delayed or interrupted for any reason, the Secretary must be advised immediately, and may result in forfeiture of the award.
- A current resume with work experience and any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions.
- Current copy of high school or college transcripts.
- A recommendation letter from a non-family member familiar with the student’s character, such as a Counselor, Teacher or Professor.
- A brief essay (no more than 1 page) on one of the following topics: purpose in going to college, most significant experiences and the affect on future plans, accomplishments providing the greatest satisfaction, reason he or she should be selected for this award.
Application Forms – – Return the application along with attachments by 30 Apr to:
AIST Northwest Member Chapter Scholarship
c/o Patrick Jablonski, P.E.
Nucor Steel Seattle, Inc.
2424 SW Andover St.
Seattle, WA 98106