SAN FRANCISCO CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP
Back to San Francisco Chapter
| Application | Scholarship Recipients |
Objectives – The objectives of the AIST San Francisco Chapter Scholarships are to reward and encourage AIST San Francisco Chapter area high school seniors or currently enrolled undergraduate students by providing a grant of financial support during full-time attendance at any accredited North American college or university.
Awards – 2 scholarships, valued at $1,500 each, will be available each academic year.
Eligibility – The student must be the child (including step-children, adopted children or wards), grandchild, niece, nephew or the spouse of an active AIST San Francisco Chapter member in good standing. The student must be accepted into, planning to attend, or currently enrolled in an eligible, full-time curriculum at an accredited university or college.
Selection – Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Award Committee. The awards will be made without regard to race, gender, ethnicity, financial need or socio-economic conditions.
- The scholarship must be used at an accredited college or university.
- The student must start the course of study at the university or college in the fall of the same year that the Scholarship is awarded.
- The AIST Foundation will forward the scholarship stipend, as a lump sum, to the college or university for deposit in the account of the student.
- In cases where the student’s studies or admission are delayed or interrupted for any reason, the San Francisco scholarship committee must be advised immediately, and may result in forfeiture.
- Scholarship application
- Required Essay - Essay should be no more than 250 words in length and answer the following questions: Why are you motivated to attend college and how do you hope to utilize your degree after you graduate?
- A current resume with work experience, any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions, other honors and other scholarships received.
- A recommendation or evaluation from a Counselor, Teacher or Professor may be included with application for consideration.
- Copy of SAT/ACT scores
- Copy of current high school or college transcripts
Application Forms – Return the application along with attachments by 30 April to:
900 Loveridge Rd. MS 64
P.O. Box 471
Pittsburg, CA 94565