Objectives – The AIST Globe-Trotters Member Chapter Scholarship award is intended to reward and attract talented and dedicated students and encourage them to pursue careers within the iron and steel industry. The AIST Globe-Trotters Member Chapter administers the scholarship.
Awards – Each year, the Globe-Trotters will award up to 4 scholarships at $2,500 each for one year.
Eligibility – To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must be the child or grandchild of an active Globe-Trotters chapter member in good standing. The candidate for the scholarship must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. Students enrolled in postgraduate schools will also be considered. The awards will be made without regard to financial need.
Selection – The candidate will be selected by the Globe-Trotters Scholarship Committee, which consists of no less than three and no more than five members who are nominated by the Globe-Trotters chair and approved by the Globe-Trotters executive committee. The Globe-Trotters executive committee will determine the amount of the scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded based on the basis of the submitted essay, academic and extracurricular activities.
- The scholarship must be used at an accredited college or university.
- The student must start or be continuing in the course of study, at the college or university, in the fall of the same year the scholarship is awarded.
- The AIST Foundation will forward the scholarship stipend, as a lump sum, to the college or university for deposit in the account of the student.
- In cases where the student’s studies or admission are delayed or interrupted for any reason, the Secretary must be advised immediately, and may result in forfeiture.
- Students may reapply each year for the term of their college education.
- A current resume with work experience and any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions.
- An essay, 300 words or less, explaining the reason the candidate has selected his or her particular field of study. A short explanation should be included with the paper stating how the scholarship will be applied, such as tuition, books, etc.
- Copy of SAT/ACT scores
- Copy of current high school or college transcripts
Application Forms – Return the application along with attachments by 30 April to:
Nucor Steel - South Carolina
300 Steel Mill Road
Darlington, SC 29540