AIST Birmingham Member Chapter Scholarship Application
To qualify for this scholarship:
- You must have an AIST Parent Member active in the AIST Birmingham Member Chapter, or be an AIST Student Member through the Material Advantage Student Program, who attends a university within the Birmingham Member Chapter area.
- You must be enrolled, full-time at an accredited college or university, enrolled in an engineering discipline. Applicants must be a High School Senior or a current university undergraduate student.
- Applicant must have a strong interest toward a career in the iron and steel industry.
To complete this application you must provide:
- A current resume with work experience and any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions.
- Current university transcript (High school transcript of you are a High school senior.
- An essay (Select One - 500 words or less): describing one accomplishment you have made as a student, your interest and/or involvement in the steel and iron industry, and why do you feel that you should receive this scholarship?
- Three (3) recommendation letters from a Counselor, Teacher or Professor must be included with the application.
- Copy of SAT/ACT scores (High school seniors only)
- The AIST Parent Member name, company and AIST Member #, or your AIST Student Member #.
Questions about the scholarships and/or application process should be directed to Frank Sides at firstname.lastname@example.org.