Northern Pacific Member Chapter Scholarships
The objectives of the AIST Northern Pacific Scholarships are to reward and encourage area high school seniors or currently enrolled undergraduate students by providing a grant of financial support during full-time attendance at any accredited North American college or university.
Up to four (4) US$1,500 University one-year scholarships and up to four (4) US$500 College/Technical School one-year scholarships.
Applicants must be accepted into, planning to attend, or currently enrolled in an eligible, full-time curriculum at an accredited university or college.
University Scholarship – Applicant must be the child (including step-children, adopted children or wards), grandchild, niece, nephew or the spouse of an active AIST Northern Pacific Chapter member in good standing, or a member of the Material Advantage Student Program living in or attending a university located in the AIST Northern Pacific Member Chapter area.
College/Technical Scholarships - the applicant need not be related to an active AIST Chapter Member in good standing, but, the applicant must include a letter of recommendation from an Active AIST Chapter member in good standing.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Award Committee. The awards will be made without regard to race, gender, ethnicity, financial need or socio-economic conditions.
1. The scholarship must be used at an accredited college or university.
2. The student must start the course of study at the university or college in the fall of the same year that the scholarship is awarded.
3. The AIST Foundation will forward the scholarship stipend, as a lump sum, to the college or university for deposit in the account of the student.
4. In cases where the student’s studies or admission are delayed or interrupted for any reason, the Northern Pacific scholarship committee must be advised immediately, and may result in forfeiture.
1. Scholarship application
2. Required Essay - Essay should be no more than 250 words in length and answer the following questions: Why are you motivated to attend college and how do you hope to utilize your degree after you graduate?
3. A current resume with work experience, any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions, other honors and other scholarships received.
4. A recommendation or evaluation from a counselor, teacher or professor may be included with application for consideration. For the College/Technical Scholarships, the application must include a letter of recommendation from an active AIST Chapter member in good standing.
5. Copy of SAT/ACT scores (high school senior applicants only).
6. Copy of current high school or college transcript.
Return the application along with attachments by 30 April to: