Student Plant Tour Travel Reimbursement Grant Application
Please complete the following application to apply for a Plant Tour Travel Reimbursement Grant. A separate application is required for each Grant, and must be submitted at least two weeks prior to each tour to be considered for funding.
Eligibility Guidelines for Obtaining a Student Plant Tour Travel Reimbursement Grant:
- Student tours shall include students currently enrolled full-time in university, college or trade school curriculums of relevance to the steel industry and the AIST mission of service.
- Student tours shall include at least one adult university chaperone.
- Student tours shall arrange approval with an appropriate point of contact for the steel plant or steel-related company.
- For reimbursement purposes, there is a minimum of ten (10) students required per student tour, and a maximum of five (5) student tours per calendar year.
- Recipients of this grant agree to provide AIST with a brief write-up of the experience with student quotes, and group photo(s).
- Direct expenses up to US$1,500 per tour will be reimbursed by the AIST Foundation to the university.
- Transportation expenses and one meal* for the tour group are reimbursable. If the tour group is traveling for more than one day, a detailed itinerary must be submitted for the approval of additional meals.
- Personnel time, overhead charges, etc. are not reimbursable.
- At the conclusion of the tour, an itemized expense report with itemized receipts, along with the write-up and photos, are to be sent to Courtney Young (email@example.com) for reimbursement to the university.